Friday, February 16, 2007

Brain fog

Brain fog continues, but I am struggling valiantly against it. If I owe you an email (or a book draft), please be patient with me, and enjoy this view of some lovely flowers sent to me in honor of Valentine's Day by the long-suffering husband:



Other than book stuff, I have only been knitting the Black Bunny sloppy seconds sock:



(I decided I would adopt a devil-may-care attitude toward pooling.)

Let's close with a Kute Kid Story.

Yesterday, G. told me she didn't like a boy in her class. "Why?" I asked. She did not hesitate a beat: "Because he brought a burp to school for Show-And-Tell."

I didn't have the heart to tell her it only gets worse.

10 comments:

the hanged man said...

"Brought a burp to school for Show-And-Tell" is a hilarious way to put it.

I am sorry about the Lyme relapse but glad that you were able to list 6 things on the bright side.

Anonymous said...

Tell her to be grateful. Most boys would have brought a fart! Those flowers are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Oh my. I remember a boy making noises with his hand in his armpit for show and tell.

Anonymous said...

OMG, Carol! I have that same bouquet. Are you near me???
http://cabincove.com/?p=423
That is too funny.
Burps not included.

Carol said...

Hey, what's my husband doing sending YOU flowers???

Anonymous said...

Carol, really sorry to hear about the relapse. That well and truly sucks.

My husband is dying laughing about the "only gets worse" part...

Me, I'm just rolling my eyes and agreeing with you wholeheartedly.

Hang in there, babe. I keep bumping into doors, myself. Not fun.

mindy said...

Heres hoping it is the LAST relapse.
Only gets worse...too true.
I'm liking the "sloppy seconds"- thats a happy color.

Aponia said...

Those flowers are swoon worthy! Just lovely.

Kathy said...

As the mother of two sons and wife of a male, I can confirm: it only gets worse. But we love 'em anyway...

Knitting Bandit said...

I live with three teeneage boys and a husband and it dos get worse. Way worse.