Let's start with the stuff that's irking the shit out of me this week.
1. Lyme relapse. Aching joints, fatigue, brain fog -- need I say more?
2. Anna Nicole Smith coverage 24/7: A sad life comes to an even sadder end. Can we please move on?
3. Impending war with Iran. Oh God, isn't ANYONE in America paying attention? They're doing the same thing they did with Iraq: using an unquestioning media to feed us dubious conclusions and shaky intelligence to make war seem inevitable. It's not. Even if you could believe their so-called intelligence. Which you can't.
4. Impending deadline for book. First wave of designs are due. Will all of mine go down in the ignominious flames of my hubris and incompetence?
5. Problems with skein winder. This should make you, my customers, cranky, too, because it makes it harder/slower for me to get an Etsy update.
On the other hand, let's look at the bright side:
1. The people at Fricke -- who made the skeinwinder -- have been unfailingly helpful and gone above and beyond the call of duty to help me fix things.
2. I got the new Rowan Magazine, the new Interweave Knits, and the new Interweave Favorite Socks book to ogle. Yarn porn goes a long, long way toward making me happy.
3. It's snowing. Purty, and good knitting weather, too.
4. My mom is feeling very well.
5. The Dixie Chicks kicked ass at the Grammies.
6. Someone found my blog by googling "pattern for cranky pants to knit."