Friday, September 07, 2007

The most wonderful time of the year

The first week of the new school year draws to a close. The twins began kindergarten, each in their own class, and of course are most excited by the opportunity to ride the bus. Elvis started fourth grade. In case you are wondering if I am wistful at sending the youngest off to school, I say "No wist here." I'm ready. And if you really feel tempted to ask me what I am going to do "with all that time," you can bite me.

In the meantime, in a Rabbitch-like development, we have two broken toilets and an oven that won't stop beeping. It's all Mel's fault: clearly putting Black Bunny Yarn next to Rabbitch's is like the combination of matter and anti-matter on old Star Trek episodes.

9 comments:

Carol said...

Oh shit! No pun intended.

Liz K. said...

Of course I won't ask you what you are doing with all that free time. You'll be hangin' with me!

mindy said...

Two down, one to go here- I wouldn't dream of asking.

Losing two toilets in a five person household- that's serious... (i was gonna say serious shit, but thats just not right). A constantly beeping oven- thats pretty annoying, too. Got advil?

Anonymous said...

dang, girl - get out the buckets!

and a sledghammer for the oven!

Bridget said...

I cannot believe that you sound so relieved that your children are all in school - what kind of mother are you??? Oh, yeah, a normal person. Sorry, I forgot ...

When we were visiting my niece a couple of weeks ago, her gas stove kept clicking like the burners were going to light. Finally she unplugged it for ten minutes, and when she plugged it back in, the clicking had stopped.

Two broken toilets? Geez, you even have to outdo the rest of us with household problems, don't you? :-)

Rabbitch said...

I'm sorry I broke your stuff.

Mel said...

I have no apologies. I think the color combo rocks.

Unknown said...

I have to agree with Mel...despite any negative karmic matter/anti-matter effect...the color combination is pretty sublime.

Can't wait to see you next weekend.

Carol said...

Bliss - the kids part, not the broken stuff part.