Thursday, October 11, 2007

See you at Stitches?

Okay, I'm going to have to go put on a Depends because I'm so excited I may pee myself: tomorrow I'm driving down to Baltimore with a famous knitting designer in my car: Véronik Avery, herself. (We are like BFF, you know?) (Which means she's a BFF of BBF?) (Perhaps I'm getting a little TOO excited.)

If NikiVéronik survives her first meeting with Charcoal, as well as the trip down with her starstruck number one fan, she will be signing her fabulous book, Knitting Classic Style: 35 Modern Designs Inspired by Fashion's Archives, on Saturday at 2:00 at the Rosie's Yarn Cellar booth. So stop by, pick up your copy of her book, and say hi to us. Roni Véronik has her Sharpie all ready. That Vé-Vé Véronik! She doesn't realize that I'm terrified she will find me underwhelming in real life, as opposed to in my blog. [Note to self: Don't scare way cool designer through premature use of nicknames. Wait until she is in car on highway and can't get away.]

Now that we have all the neuroses out on the table, let's remind you that if you're going to be at Stitches on Friday, the silver-maned fox Kaffe Fassett will be signing HIS new book, Kaffe Knits Again: 24 Original Designs Updated for Today's Knitters at Rosie's booth at 10:30 on Friday, and rumor has it that the devilishly handsome Brandon Mably will also be floating around somewhere some time.

Stop, you say, that's too much excitement for Baltimore to handle! No, wait, there's even more: I'm bringing with me a fresh batch of Black Bunny yarn and roving: superwash sock, laceweight merino and assorted rovings. Maybe some wool/nylon, too. It'll be on sale at the Rosie's booth.

Of course, Rosie's will uphold the fine tradition of bringing a boatload of Koigu -- and this year, the new Schaefer sock yarn called "Heather," Reynolds Soft Sea Wool and Whiskey, and Shetland kits that go with some cool stranded thing that Eunny is making. (But then again, isn't Eunny always making some cool stranded thing?!)

Are the X-Men ready for the Quebecois-American invasion that will be arriving in a green Ford tomorrow morning?

I think not.

Polish yer pointy-toed cowboy boots, Rick, and we'll see you in Baltymore.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

You, Veronik (sans accent) and Kaffe are the only reason I'll feel like I'm missing anything at Stitches this year.

I clicked on the link for Ms. Avery's book and it looks just wonderful. I will need to get myself a copy of that.

Anonymous said...

have fun!

I will not be attending (dammit!); I will be driving in the opposite direction to new york state for vacation.

pix and details, please, when you return.

deirdre said...

I am envious beyond words - you and 'Ve-ve' should get some serious bonding done on the road trip...

Liz K. said...

Is your house super-clean? Have the children been whipped into precocious kute kidness as befitting your houseguest?

Can't wait to hear all about it. Have fun. Veronik should be equally thrilled the spend the weekend with you.

Sunflowerfairy said...

I've been yearning to knit every pattern she releases. They are all beautiful.

Have fun.

Buy good stuff, will ya?

Carol said...

I have to move farther north. Have a blast!

jill said...

See you there!

Bridget said...

I for one can't wait to hear about you and your BFF and your Baltimore adventures. And I do hope to see you at the convention center!

Sherry W said...

I won't be going, but hopefully there will be some leftovers on the fan for us locals. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Tres tres chic Veronik?
Oh la, la jalousie!

Mel said...

Alas, I shan't be there, but with any luck maybe we'll get a bit more time to hang next week at Rhinebeck.

Rabbitch said...

I am quite cross at you for having more fun than I am. (enjoy!)

Unknown said...

Ditto what Joe said. And you are my dear Sissyboo Deux, so I know you'll charm Veronik. How could you not? You've charmed the rest of us, dearie.

Give the X-men a salud for me, OK? Sorry I'll miss seeing DragonBoy's sartorial magnificence. Shoot, he shoulda been the Gallery of Ghastlies' poster boy. Too bad I'm persona non grata, with camera or without. Heh.

Rooie said...

I was underwhelmed at last year's Stitches and wasn't planning to go down there this year. But I have to admit that your post almost makes me want to a) talk someone into going with me, b) driving around looking for parking for what feels like hours, c) paying whatever the entrance fee is for entering somewhere you're going to spend money.

Deborah C. said...

You almost make me wish I was going, but I like Rhinebeck much better because they have fleece as well as yarn. Have fun!