Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Holiday gift idea?

While browsing through the four thousand holiday-themed catalogs that were delivered by our mail man in the past month, I flipped through one with the subtitle "Creative Educational Products." Imagine my surprise when I came upon this:



For your convenience, here's what it says:

Got Gas? What A Blast! Ewww! There's nothing Gassy Gus won't eat, from baked beans to broccoli. Feed him a food card, pump his head and his stomach swells . . . but watch out -- the bigger his belly gets, the more chance Gus will blast gas, and that's a penalty! The first to feed him all the food cards without an "explosion" wins!
Now I briefly considered getting this for my brother for Christmas -- if there's one thing that my family of origin loves, it's flatulence -- but tell me, readers, do the children of American really need a thirty-dollar toy to teach them .... um, that farts are bad?

7 comments:

Carol said...

Any chance it was made in China?

(formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

Ok, that is hilarious and apparently I am 8.

Anonymous said...

So... what that's doing is teaching the kids not to eat legumes or broccoli?

Who made this, some candy bar company?

(Hey, your comment thingy changed, I can no longer leave a non-Google/Blogger URL.)

Anonymous said...

as long as it doesn't smell (them that smelt it, dealt it).

but you are correct, what kid needs this? AND at $30 no less!?!

creative? educational? hoo boy! in what alternative universe is this company residing?

PS - my word is "buxzpp" - sounds like a fart to me!

Anonymous said...

Oh, honey, once again I say, get your head out of the gutter.
Though I know several English (and Welsh) folk who
would find that just the bee's knees for Christmas Day family fun.

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's to teach them to count to five?

Bridget said...

Geez. I could just loan any kid my husband for half an hour for free ...