- a copy of the very rare Knitting Lace book, by Susanna Lewis;
- gift certificates to various on-line vendors, including BBF, Sonny & Shear, and Wool & Co.;
- all sorts of handknit lovelies, like a Clapotis;
- lots of different wonderful yarns, like 10 skeins of Opal sock yarn (!); Socks That Rock sockyarn; handspun yarns; and more;
- great pattern packs, like a dozen patterns of your choice from Gardiner Yarn Works, and the entire line of French Girl patterns (yep, all 27 of them).
Since today is Obama's birthday, you might wish to make a donation in his honor. (Or perhaps you'd like to make a donation in honor of Jeff Gordon, Percy Shelley, Louis Armstrong or Roger Clemens, who were also born on this day. You know how much I love random celebrity birthdays.)
If you feel, as I do, that it's time to make a big change in Washington; that we need a president who is smart, knowledgeable, articulate, has common sense and believes in transparency in government; if you think it's long past time we get our soldiers out of Iraq and start fighting the real war on terror; if you are sick of people ignoring the Constitution and using fear to manipulate us into giving them power; if you think it's time the US becomes a real leader rather than a laughingstock led by a moron and his power-hungry and greedy henchmen; if you don't want a president who brags about being unable to use a computer or who calls his wife a word I won't use on this blog or who jokes about gorillas raping women or who changes his position more often than he changes his underwear; then I urge you to put your money where your mouth is and donate.
I know that political issues can be controversial, so I'm trying not to overdo it on what is mainly a knitting blog. But I am very concerned about the future of our country and honestly believe that Obama is the vastly superior choice come November. Thanks for listening.