Thursday, October 16, 2008

Getting ready for Rhinebeck

Riddle me this: why is it that, on the rare occasion that I get nasty emails from bigots, they are always full of spelling and grammatical errors, to the point where they are almost incomprehensible? (Lucky for them, they always manage to make the hate come through, though.) Can it be -- dare I suggest -- that bigotry and ignorance go hand in hand? But geez, people, if you want your screeds to be taken even a little seriously, could you freakin' spellcheck them? Maybe read through them once or twice to make sure that every sentence has a subject and a verb?

Sheesh. (shaking head reproachfully) It's just impossible to find good screeds any more. I guess all the good ones are being made in China these days.

Best. Gifts. Evar.

I had occasion to receive some free gifts this past month. One was a lovely set of stitch markers from Zero on etsy.



Coincidentally, I just started a sweater in the round and had used a bunch of random stitch markers that I pulled from under the couch cushions (except for the one that had the squished MilkDuds on it) to mark the raglan decreases. So now I am going to switch out the old ones and add these beauts. These would be great gifts for secret pals or even to treat yourself...

This is just too much:



Heather sent this to me a few days ago. Is it not the cutest? I especially love the leetle Bunnies for Obama tag. I would totally buy a shirt that had the bunny logo on it (and I'd also buy one in the shape of a kitteh's head that said LOLCATS for Obama or Kittehs 4 Obama -- hint, hint....).

I hope I get to see some of you in Rhinebeck this weekend. I'll be moseying around all day Saturday and early in the day Sunday. I'm going to be at Franklin's booksigning for at least part of the time (Saturday, 12 to 2 at Carolina Homespun's booth) and I will bring a bag with some BBF inventory if anyone wants to pick up a skein at no-shipping/Rhinebeck-discounted prices. I'll be delighted to sign your personal copy of Knit So Fine, too, if you want to bring it or pick up a copy at the show. So if you see me, flag me down and say hi.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, maybe an "Itteh Bitteh Kitteh for Obama" sweater is in order...

That bunny is too cute.

Do I get the whole bag if I see you first???

Bridget said...

See, expecting people who disagree with you to spellcheck their missives just shows that you are an Eastern elitist ...


I love that little bunny - it's perfect in every way!

JelliDonut said...

That rabbit is do darn cute! Have fun in Rhinebeck. Wish I could go.

Anonymous said...

I'll be there Sat too and will look for you, Joe, Franklin, Mar and Mel :) Hope to see u.
bj

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the person on Ravelry who has the "LOLBama: Yes we can has!" icon? It's hilarious.