Thursday, December 10, 2009

The domino effect

It's the domino effect that's going to kill me. My every attempt at efficiency, at getting stuff done, is thwarted by the domino effect.

I go to write out an invoice, and it takes me twenty minutes to find the checkbook. (On the piano, where I wrote out the check for the last piano lesson.) I write out the check, find an envelope, and can't find the stapler. I finally find the stapler (on Elvis's desk) and it has no staples. I know I've seen a little box of staples somewhere because one of the kids spilled it recently and I stepped on a staple, but now it's nowhere to be found. I run around the house looking for it, yelling the word for staple in French because it's galling (gaul-ing?) that I can remember the word for staple in French (it's "agrafe") but cannot remember where the damn box of staples is. And so it goes. A five-minute task takes an hour.

I have given up on the staples and stolen a paper clip from somewhere, and now I'm going to wind some yarn. I've got more Cashsock, that luscious blend of cashmere, merino and nylon, and I'm doing a big update tomorrow on BBF.





I've done a bunch of colorways in batches of two skeins, just in case you decide you want to treat yourself to a shawl's worth...I'm going to bring back free shipping through Christmas, too, so use the code "STAPLE" for free shipping on orders over $25.

P.S. Has anyone seen the stamps?

6 comments:

Elizabeth D said...

Carol, I have stamps! Need me to bring you some?

--Elizabeth D

Anonymous said...

I know where the stamps and staples are, but where the hell is the scotch tape?

obscure

PICAdrienne said...

Stamps are in my purse and the scotch tape is on the shelf, but where are the scissors for use with paper, not fabric?

Suburban Hausfrau said...

Is there any added discount for writing the code en francais?

Har dee har har

Dude, I totally spun up the Wensleydale and the Falkland, and I am in LOVE. Once I ply it I'm posting pics.

Debbie said...

Wow, I am truly not alone! Found the stamps, scissors and staples but has anyone found a way to have more than 24 hours in a 24 hour day? That would be so helpful.

Anonymous said...

Story of my life...