Thursday, December 31, 2009

Just barely squeaking it in

As part of my "if you pretend to have yourself together, eventually you will" method, I hereby announce the first official Black Bunny Fibers pattern download, the Faithful Companion Scarf. I designed this scarf with my friend Jim in mind; our annual pilgrimage to Rhinebeck has become a highlight of my autumn.






Jim likes to knit lace, so I designed a truly unisex lace pattern, using BBF Wool/Silk blend sock yarn (I'm adding more to the shop as soon as I get it photographed, but any BBF fingering weight yarn will do nicely). It's a nice way to ease into lace knitting, if you're new to it. No charts, and every other row is purled.

Right now it's available for PDF download on Ravelry, and I'm hoping it will be available on Patternfish soon, too. Since one of my personal goals for 2009 was to get my own pattern line started, I'm squeaking it in just under the wire... I've got some sock patterns and a hat coming soon, too, but not until after New Year's.

13 comments:

Liz K. said...

Can I just say (chastely, appropriately, from one married woman to another) how hawt Tom is looking in this pic? Meow!

anne marie in philly said...

I second liz! woof! :-)

Carol said...

I would like to clarify that the model is NOT included in the purchase price. Also, iffen he starts acting like Tyra, he'll get a size 9 wide up his arse...

thea said...

If you build it, they will come... I love your approach here. And the scarf is great - truly unisex. George Clooney lookalike not included, sigh.

Bridget said...

I would just like to know if Tom was told for the purposes of the photoshoot, that he was the "Faithful Companion" - or, if he is a gracious enough person to pose in said scarf anyway?

Also -Facebook wants me to be Tom's friend ... the question is, does Tom???

JelliDonut said...

Lovely scarf. Congrats on the pattern and best of luck in 2010.

Ali P said...

Carol, you rock.

Anonymous said...

Hott! (and the scarf is nice, too :)
Love ya!

Kathleen Dames said...

What a great looking scarf (and the model's not bad, either). Congratulations on meeting your goal for 2009. Can't wait to see what else you've designed.

Anonymous said...

Just in time...

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the truly lovely post after your father's funeral. Sorry to be so behind in blog-catchup that my condolences are late. No matter what the family dynamics have been, these are powerful events, and you've written so gracefully about it. All the best, Carol, for the coming year.
- Beth in Toronto

Carol said...

Great pattern Carol. Congratulations on expanding your empire! I'm looking forward to all your new patterns in 2010.

Carol said...

Great pattern Carol. Congratulations on expanding your empire! I'm looking forward to all your new patterns in 2010.