Thursday, December 24, 2009

Wishing you peace

I'll give you a full update soon, but my dad isn't doing well. He received a diagnosis of end-stage pancreatic cancer, and was moved to hospice care yesterday. His remaining life will likely be measured in days or weeks, rather than months. Needless to say, it has been very hard and there has been lots of raw emotion around here. I'm trying to maintain some semblance of a normal routine but in the words of your local mass transit authority, "expect some major service disruptions" in terms of blogging and the BBF website.

However, today is Christmas Eve, and it's time for me to put my game face on and help create some joyful memories for the kids.



If there ever were three kids who could bring a smile to one's face, no matter what the circumstances, I've got 'em, and it's time to enjoy them.

Have a happy Christmas filled with peace and joy.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Coming out of lurkdom to say that I'm very, very sorry about your dad. I can only imagine how difficult it is this time of year as well. Hug your kids, is right! Again, really sorry for you and your family.

NerdGirl said...

I'm sorry to hear about your father and I wish you strength and peace during this difficult time.

WendyKnits said...

I'll be thinking about you. Sending virtual hugs!

Karen W. said...

Merry Christmas to you! May you and your family have joy, peace and strength for whatever you need.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

God go with you in these difficult times.

Karen Caplan said...

Sending good thoughts your way.

Carol said...

Wishing you peace and strength. Hugs xxoo

Selma said...

Thinking of you, sweetie.

Elizabeth D said...

What a shock -- I know that's not the news you expected. I'll be thinking of you. Meanwhile, Merry Christmas; you're giving your kids a great life.

Elizabeth D

Anonymous said...

Hugs to all of you.

hillary said...

So sorry about the bad news. I wish you and your family best wishes and the strength to get through the coming days. I know from experience that there is no better medicine than hugs from your kids.

Geek Knitter said...

So sad to hear your news. I'll be keeping your family in my heart in this hard time.

old lady said...

May love envelope you and your family at this time.

Suzanne said...

Been thinking about you since your blog entry on Friday. In the midst of all this, I wish you peace and some moments of wonderful with your family. Let me add condolences on the loss of your father. From snowy and sub-zero Montana....

anne marie in philly said...

my thoughts are with you and your family.

Debbie said...

I am so sorry to hear this for you Carol and wish there was something I could say or do to comfort you. I am glad you will be surrounded by the ones you love and that love you.