Monday, April 26, 2010

Update today: beautiful bamboo/merino blend & a new laceweight

Sorry I've been quiet lately. Nothing unusual going on; just haven't had much to blog about other than the occasional book review and pattern or yarn announcement. I am very much looking forward to Maryland Sheep & Wool, which is this coming weekend. I will take lots of photos and give you the full report. In the meantime, I've got two lovely new base yarns. The first is a laceweight, a blend of 80% alpaca and 20% silk.


Spring Rain

I just bought a little of this to see how it would perform in the dyepots and what it would be like texture-wise, and I think you'll like it. Super-soft and takes the dye beautifully. I've got 800-yard skeins in four colorways.


Chocolatte Plum

I'll definitely be getting some more of this for future updates.

The other yarn is a fingering weight blend of 80% superwash merino and 20% bamboo fibers. I've called it "Bamberino" and the skeins are around 420 yds/100g.

Dew-Pearled

This is an extremely soft yarn with a gorgeous hand. Because of the merino content, it doesn't feel excessively limp but you get an extra sheen and silkiness from the bamboo fibers.


Frosted Violet

I tried to create some colorways that felt like spring, a bit softer and clearer.


Tawny

There are some brights, too, but I love the way the yarn creates gorgeous muted colorways like this:


Cherry Blossoms

Use the code on the front page of the website for free shipping on merchandise over $25....

3 comments:

JelliDonut said...

Both yarns are gorgeous! Thanks for the free shipping.

charles semel said...

Love the yarns and the colors!

Carol said...

Thank you sooooooo much for sorting out my order! I cannot WAIT to see the yarns. They looked fab on the website and they are ALWAYS better in person.