Friday, May 14, 2010

Checking in

This is my oldest on his way to the jazz band concert.


The concert was amazing. His group had only been playing together since February and still were quite impressive. It was especially cool to watch the kids improvising for their solos and seeing them get into the music.

Now we are preparing for recital-palooza. Tomorrow, Little Miss appears as a Ladybug in a ballet performance of "Snow White," and both Little Miss and her older brother are playing in a piano recital on Sunday. My mom is here to see it all and we're really happy to have her. I will try to post some photos later.

There are still some great skeins left from this week's BBF update, both miniskeins and llama-shetland lace, and some great wild multis in Superwash Merino Classic:


Rubik's cube



Pac-Man Fever

I'm also very pleased with the JumboSox skeins: 600-yd skeins of Superwash Merino Classic, so that if you like making kneesocks or want to be sure you've got enough for a shawlette, you're covered. (I also think thirty bucks is quite a nice price, especially if you use the free shipping code on the home page!)



Hungry like the Wolf



All You Zombies


Otherwise, not much going on. I've got some more book reviews in coming weeks, but right now is when the knitting world starts to hunker down to get ready for fall and early winter publications, so there's lots of knitting and writing and swatching going on here.

P.S. Don't forget to toddle on over to Mindy's blog to wish her a happy, goat-y birthday!

7 comments:

Mary said...

Ohhhhhh I love all you zombies soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!~

JelliDonut said...

Thanks so much for offering JumboSox skeins--that's really helpful and not something I've come across too often. Nice!

Angela said...

All You Zombies--it's in the "Guilty Pleasures" playlist on my iPod. (Actually, Beat Up Guitar is my guiltiest Hooters pleasure!) Lovey colorway! Now if I could only get my hands on some Robert Hazard tunes...

Dawn said...

I LOVE Rubik's Cube.
Any chance it would be in a non-wool skein at some point? :-)

Ali P said...

I am shamelessly in lust with Pac Man Fever. Its so puuuuurty. It makes me happy just looking at the vibrant colours.

Bridget said...

I hope your mom is enjoying the recitals, etc. as much as we enjoy seeing pictures and hearing about them.

Karen said...

Love your 80s song titles. Can you dye me something called "Tainted Love".